What’s the biggest wish of all the women on Earth? To achieve a naturally glowing, radiant, healthy skin. There’s nothing sexier than a strong independent women with a naturally glowing skin. Who doesn’t want that fresh and healthy glow 24×7 even without makeup. However with changing lifestyle patterns and increasing pollution in the environment it has become very difficult to maintain a naturally glowing skin. Our busy work schedules have taken a troll over our daily lives. But that shouldn’t stop us from taking care of our sensitive skin and help it breathe and glow naturally.
There’s always an easier option of applying cosmetics and using all sorts of anti-ageing, anti-wrinkle, etc. etc. products full of chemicals and antioxidants injected in them. They do show results and prove to be worth their high retail prices but are more of a temporary solutions than a long-lasting healthy fix.
So here I have a few tips for a natural healthy skin that will not just help you achieve a flawless skin but also make you feel healthier from within. As they say if you feel beautiful you look beautiful 😉
1. The magic of H2O – This is nothing new that you’re coming across but trust me this age old advice by our mothers and grandmothers works magic. For a healthy and clear skin 10-12 glasses of water are a must. This is the minimum amount you need to give your body in order to show some visible results.
2. Bed time therapy – No matter how late or tired you are from a hectic work day or a late night party, never miss to remove your makeup before hitting the sheets. The skin needs to breathe overnight and makeup doesn’t really help. It clogs the pores causing blemishes and/or blackheads. Just put some olive oil on a cotton pad and gently massage the oil onto your face to get rid of the makeup and dirt.
3. Watch what you eat – It’s very important to keep an eye on what you eat. Always be on a lookout for food products with higher anti-oxidants, rich in vitamins and proteins. Eat fresh fruits, greens, sufficient protein and vitamins. A diet rich in vitamin C and low in fats and sugar promotes radiant skin.
To make it more convenient for you, here’s my list of must eat food items that you can consider:
A.) Fruits for Glowing Skin
- Berries – Strawberry, blueberries, blackberries
- Indian gooseberry commonly know as Amla
B.) Vegetables for Glowing Skin
- Spinach and other green leafy vegetables
- Bell peppers
- Bitter Gourd
4. Sweat out that Stress – Regular exercise is a Must!! It not only helps you burn calories but also exerts the daily stress out of your life. Running, jogging and yoga will give your body the necessary blood circulation, and also accelerate the cleansing process of your entire body. You will notice a glow on your face after working out.
5. The necessary Beauty Sleep – At least 8 hours of sleep is required every night for a naturally fresh and glowing skin. If you don’t get enough sleep, your skin gets tired, it sags and you get bags. So better not risk it.
These are some basic rules that I personally stick to in my day to day life for a healthy living and it surely works wonders. Try to inculcate these in your daily life and notice the positive changes.